New year

Linas Vepstas linas@linas.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:48:32 -0600

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 01:05:47PM -0600, Dale Alspach was heard to remark:
> I have been starting my new accounting year by exporting the accounts.
> Besides the inconvenience connected with reconciling over two sets of
> books and manually transfering balances, I also noticed that I really
> missed the "memory" associated with the old accounts. I had to type in
> complete entries and I could not use duplicate to get new entries which
> were similar to old ones. It would be nice if gnucash had lists and
> memorized transactions which could be exported along with the accounts.
> (Quickbooks has such features.)

Hmm. On the surface, this could be kinda hard, as the "quickfill" data
is built automatically from previously entered data.

On te other hand, if you ran the system for a while in the new year,
before closing the books, then you'd build up a repository of
transactions from which to work ...

I promise to think about this feature ...

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas@linas.org>