gnucash 1.6.<mumble> crashed, can I replay the log?

Rusty Carruth rcarruth@tempe.tt.slb.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:25:52 -0700 (MST)

Bummer!  I had spent about an hour last night entering stuff
and working on reconciling an account, when gnucash crashed
(yes, I violated RULE #1 of working on a computer - save early,
save often).

I had previously noticed the log file, and last night I thought
"Hmm - I wonder if I can get gnucash to re-run part or all
of that log file so I don't have to re-enter the transactions
that I had to enter?  I'll have to ask the list tomorrow."

So, I'm asking  ;-)

(Now that I've asked, I'll bet its in the docs somewhere, eh?
I did find the same query (fortunately I *don't* have a 90k
log file though!) about gnucash 1.4.9, and the answer was
'um, sorry, no.  I don't suppose you have an urge to code?'.
I'm hoping that the answer is not the same, but if it is
then I may consider it.  I don't suppose a log-to-qif converter
has been written by anyone yet?  If not, where do I find
docs on qif formats?)

In the aside section, I had a small problem with bug-buddy last night,
and it quit trying to update the package list, so I ended up having
to hit cancel in the 'update the package list' screen - which left
me without gnucash as a package!  So I submitted the bug against
bug-buddy, even though it belongs against gnucash.  Sorry about that!

(i.e. the bug has been submitted, but its in the wrong section,
but with the right subject line)

rc