Stock Splits

David Gilbert david.gilbert@jrefinery.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:21:09 +0000

I'm new to this also, but I can create a stock split simply by entering a
transaction in the stock account for (say) 100 shares at a price of zero.
Since there is no value to this transaction, GnuCash doesn't insist on a
transfer account.

The number of shares increases, as you'd expect.  The total cost of the
shares remains the same, also as you'd expect.

In the version of GnuCash I have (1.6.2) there is a druid that will create
this transaction for you if you fill in the correct details.

Hope this helps,

Dave Gilbert