Total lines always blank for GBP currency?

Neil Jerram neil@ossau.uklinux.net
22 Jan 2002 22:48:47 +0000

Hi,

I'm newish to this list, but I have checked the FAQ and googled the
web, and couldn't find anything addressing this problem...

I'm in the UK, so my currency throughout Gnucash, including the
default currency, is GBP.  I've noticed that, wherever Gnucash shows
total lines that you'd expect to have numbers in, those numbers for me
are always blank.

For example, on Gnucash's main window, the line immediately below the
toolbar (Save, Close, ...) reads

        Net Assets (GBP):   Profits (GBP):

Similarly, if I select an account for reconciliation, the
reconciliation window shows

        Total:

with no number below each of the Funds In and Funds Out areas, and the
summary group in the bottom right hand corner says just

           Starting Balance:
             Ending Balance:
         Reconciled Balance:
                 Difference:

All nicely right justified, but no numbers.

This is with GnuCash 1.6.4 on a SuSE Linux 7.2 system, under either
KDE or Gnome.  Before upgrading to 1.6.4, I observed the same problem
(modulo UI differences) with the GnuCash that is distributed with SuSE
7.2.

My guess is that this is something to do with not working in dollars.

(Just in case it's relevant, note that I don't have the Guppi bits of
GnuCash working.  (Whenever I try to draw a graph or chart, it
crashes.))

Many thanks for a great application,

        Neil