Openning old files?

Charles Gajan charlesgajan@earthlink.net
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:43:03 +0800

I have upgraded to version 1.6.5 from version 1.4.2 on
Red Hat 7.1. On opennig the new year 2002 books I got
a wizard to help with the conversion to the new
format, and it worked well.  I also used the same
process to convert the blank account tree I am
maintaining for future years.  My problem arose when
attempting to open the original books created from a
.qif (Quicken 2000) file that held all previous
transactions.  Starting the version 1.4.2 file from
the .qif was no problem last December, but the version
1.6.5 did not offer the same wizard to the year 2001
and previous books as it did to the new 2002 and blank
sets.  Version 1.6.5 will display a message box
indicating that the file is pre 1.6.5 then when I
click OK the account tree does not display, and the
wizard is not offered.  Any thoughts?  I would like to
be able to open them.

Chuck Gajan