What is a split?

Laurent Duperval lduperval@videotron.ca
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:10:29 -0400 (EDT)

On 11 Jul, Steven Sforza wrote:
> OK - I guess I understand that then.
> But still, why is GnuCash telling me "Cash Withdrawl: $10" is a split,
> and absolutely must be entered that way?

Maybe because at one point earlier you had a split? GC goes back in your
history and tries to match your current entry with an earlier one that
looks like what you're entering. If you accept it, it will reproduce the
transaction but allow you to change the amount.

I actually find this behaviour annoying at times. Is there a shortcut to
circumvent the auto-completion for a particular record?

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@videotron.ca>

MURPHY'S_LAWS_OF_COMBAT:
 17. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.
                                                          -