Duplicates in a QIF import are pain-inducing

Laurent Duperval lduperval@videotron.ca
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 22:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

On 18 Jul, Matt Armstrong wrote:
> P.S. things have improved in CVS.  There is a lingering bug or two --
> I just imported a QIF for my credit card and it failed to find a few
> of the duplicate transactions (e.g. wouldn't display and allow me to
> select duplicate transactions that I know were in the register) and it
> went ahead and added some of the duplicate transactions despite my
> marking them.

I'm re-importing as we speak. I haven't reached the duplicate part yet
but I can't help but think that there has *got* to be a better way.
Right no, I'm in the process of mapping stuff to accounts. It's really
annoying to select one, scroll, locate the right account, click, press
ok and then start over.

I think a better way to do this is to split the window in two. At the
top, you have th e imported transactions and at the bottom you have the
account tree. Then, when you click on the transaction at the top, the
bottom portion automatically centers to the currently mapped account. I
think that would improve the user experience dramatically.

Any thoughts? Is this being sent to the right list?

--=20
Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval@videotron.ca>

La lettre, exsangue et chiffonn=E9e, hors d'haleine mais triomphante, about=
it
enfin entre les mains de celui qui suscita toute l'extraordinaire odyss=E9e
d'=E9motion que je viens de vous narrer: MOI!
                                             -Achille Talon