Accounts Receivable Question

Lane P. Lester llester@simpub.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:54:09 -0400

I'm making the first entries in a new Accounts Receivables account. I
created it as an Asset account. One of the entries involves the sale of
some items plus shipping charges. I did a split with the value of the items
going to an Income account (Sales) and the shipping amount to Expenses:
Reimburseable. Obviously, I did something wrong. The income part of the
split worked OK, but not the shipping.

In my personal, not business, finances, whenever I spend some money that is
going to be repaid to me, I post it in Expenses: Reimburseable, and then
when I get paid back, I post it in Income: Reimbursements.
--
Lane
____