reports

Jeff Abrahamson jeff@purple.com
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 15:12:50 +0200

I finally got all my old quicken data imported and cleaned up. I still
have to re-organize the accounts to make more sense in the gnucash
hierarchy way of doing things. (This is gnucash 1.6.6 from debian
testing.)

Now I'm running some reports to make sure I get the same results in
both apps. This report is for 1 June to 1 July of this year.

I have an account called euro_cur:error (sub-account of euro_cur).
Quicken reports a sum of 4.41. Gnucash reports a sum of -2.13.

I click the amount to bring up a detail listing. Quicken shows me
three transactions:

    -26.09
     39.51
     -9.01

Gnucash shows the entire register of euro_cur:error, not just what it
used for the calculation. But I can clearly see those three amounts on
the 6th, 22nd, and 30th of June. No entries after June, the previous
entry is on 8 May.

There's also a line at the bottom of the report:

    1 error	$0.48242

Any clue what might be going on, either on the quicken/gnucash
discrepancy or on the error line at the bottom?

BTW, is there a way to get gnucash to show only the relevant part of
the register? How about to "save" the report so I can run it on a
regular basis without having to fiddle with the options dialog each
time? Near as I can tell, the answer is no, but I'm hoping I missed
something...

Tia.

--
 Jeff

 The Big Book of Misunderstanding, now in bookstores and on the web:
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>