GnuCash doesn't like virtual desktops

Paul Lussier plussier@mindspring.com
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:02:43 -0400

In a message dated: 09 Jun 2002 20:18:33 EDT
Roland Roberts said:

>It's hard to see how it can only be a bug in GNOME/Enlightenment; but
>obviously the combination of GNOME/Enlightenment+GnuCash is a problem.
>I do wish I had some clue where it was.

I say it's more likely GNOME/Enlightenment because GnuCash AFAIK,
doensn't do anything to manage workspaces.  That's the job of the
Window Manager.  It's actually more likely it's just an Enlightenment
issue, separate from GNOME, which should be easily verified.  Just
switch to a different wm under GNOME and see if the problem persists.

Also, try FVWM under GNOME.  If it still happens with FVWM under
GNOME, then the problemm is GNOME, if not, then Enlightenment.  If it
happens with all window managers you try under GNOME, try a few
outside of GNOME.  If the problem persists there, then it's probable
GnuCash (though I'd be quite surprised, since as I said, I'm using
FVWM outside of GNOME, and not having that problem).

Oh, another thing that could be happening is that you have some
config option in E turned on to map GnuCash to a certain virtual
workspace.  It could be set to recognize a certain X resource name
and send all instances of that resource name to a specific
v-workspace.

Hope that helps some.

--

Seeya,