File Locking

Paul Lussier plussier@mindspring.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:39:27 -0400

In a message dated: 12 Jun 2002 18:31:24 EDT
Rafe Moody said:

>I have a situation where I am trying to load a file but am receiving an
>error message stating the file is locked and may be in use by another
>user. I know for certain the file is not in use. I am warned that
>opening the file may cause damage to it. Is there any way to remove the
>lock without corrupting the data. I thank you in advance for your help.

Shut down GnuCash, cd to the directory where your gnucash data file
is located, then look for the lock file.  It should be *.LCK or
something like that.  Delete that file, then start up GnuCash again.

Or, more programatically:

	cd ~
	find ./ -name '*.xac.LCK' -exec rm {} \;

Hope that helps!
--

Seeya,
Paul