Mass delete of transactions?

Eric Schwartz emschwar@debian.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:16:28 -0600

I suppose I could hack together a "mass delete" function using perl and
an XML parser, but I was wondering if there's a way to delete a large
group of transactions?  The context is that I started keeping my records
(again) in gnucash in June of 2001. I finally decided that it's worth my
while to separate the 2002 and 2001 data, so what I want to do is to
copy my accounts file (done), and delete all data after 2001-12-31, and
delete all data before 2002-01-01.  As far as I can see, there's no way
in the GUI to do this.

I could *swear* this has been posted before, but most of the recent
discussion about how to close out a year assumes you're doing it at
the start of the year, or nearly so.  How do I handle it when I want
to split my data approximately in two?

This is gnucash 1.6.6 on debian 3.0 (woody).

-=Eric

----- End forwarded message -----