BUG in 1.6.5

Steve Parker steve.parker@www.netops.co.uk
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:56:13 +0100 (BST)

I've installed gnucash 1.6.5 having failed to install 1.6.6 - 165
installs, but reports:

steve:~$ gnucash
ERROR: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error)
#f ...):
ERROR: Loaded gnucash srfi-8.scm in unknown Guile version:1.4.1.
If you're running a Guile newer than 1.4, then this file should
not have been installed.  Please report the bug.
steve:~$

Configuration:
Newly-installed Linux From Scratch (http://www.linuxfromscratch.org)
version 3.3 system, plus the various gnome crap (installed with
--prefix=/usr, all as documented on
http://www.gnome.org/start/installing/index.php3, apart from gnome-vfs
which requires 2.0, so used v1.0.1, not the 1.0.5 listed. Also downgraded
g-wrap to 1.3.1 as previously encountered (and again) problems with the
latest version.
Got Berkeley DB 4.1.4 and 3.1.17 installed - GnuCash looking at the v3.

I know slightly less than sweet FA about Guile, Scheme, et al. This
running of gnucash suggest I report the bug, so here I am.
Please help me get this sorted, I lost GnuCash (and all my data) in a bad
copy of an MBR, if I can't get GnuCash running, at least I'm in a position
to be able to look at alternatives (though last time I looked, there was
nothing in the region of GnuCash).

Regards,

Steve Parker
Steve@steve-parker.org