QIF Import

Paul Lussier plussier@mindspring.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 17:53:58 -0400

In a message dated: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:28:17 +0200
Todd Kokoszka said:

>(I get a little anal about finances.)

I think it's fair to say we all do, otherwise we wouldn't want a
double-entry accounting system :)

>Do you think it's necessary to check each transaction?

I guess it really comes down to how well you know your data set, and
how confident you are with the import.  If it's not a lot of data,
you may as well, since you'll have peace of mind.  If it's a lot of
data, one way to do it would be to go through and reconcile the
accounts against the various credit card/bank statements, etc.
That should account for most of the transactions, and if those are
balaned, then you can fix the rest as you scan your data over time
and stumble accross things that are incorrect.

HTH,
--

Seeya,
Paul