Re[2]: minor "enter" annoyance

Rusty Carruth rcarruth@tempe.tt.slb.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:41:08 -0700 (MST)

Tripp Lilley <tripp+gnucash-user@perspex.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Tripp Lilley wrote:
>
> > If I start to enter a transaction, but don't yet have any split rows (just
> > the date and transaction name / note), and I hit <enter> instead of <tab>,
> > the transaction goes away.
>
> I also note that a similarly "lossy" behaviour happens if I hit <enter> in

Wow!  And here I thought I was just doing something wrong!

(Usually its more like Tripp mentioned - I've duplicated
a transaction (just happened to me last night - and I always
spend a few minutes casting about trying to figure out where
it went, being afraid that I just subtracted something from one
account but not the other, and that when I (re-)enter the
transaction I'll have taken the money twice.  This does not
SEEM to be the problem, as I managed to reconcile fine...)

Same sort of thing happens to me, but I'm never paying enough
attention (yikes!) when it happens.  I'll start being more
careful and see if I can see what actually triggers it when
it happens to me.

As I wrote the parenthetical paragraph above, I realized that
indeed its usually when I have half a split or when I've
duplicated an entry.

rc