All out of luck 1.6.6

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
12 Mar 2002 22:02:13 -0800

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 17:26, James Dornan wrote:

> I have installed Gnucash and all related software and I get this error.
>
> -- error --
>
> It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
> You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.
>
> Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html
>
> If you have slib installed, you may need to create
> a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
> (usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
> is installed.
>
> You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.
>
> -- error --
>
> Now I am logged in as root so being root is not an issue. Trust me I have
> the latest slib installed. This error is not generated by exactly the probem
> that is indicated in the error message.

What dave suggested in his email is the usual fix to this sort of
problem. As you seem sure that you have covered the basic steps to fix
this what we need from you know is more information. As list of the
following would be useful for us to diagnose more the problem. If you
feel you need a more personal approach I suggest logging into
irc.gnome.org and coming to talk to us in the #gnucash channel.

Distro
guile version
slib version
g-wrap version
gal version
gtkhtml version
guppi version
gnome-print version

Also it would be useful to know in what form you are using 1.6.6, ie
deb/rpm package tarball.

One last thing, we appreciate you may be frustrated at not being able to
get it to work, but please understand the people that work on this
project do so voluntarily, insulting their work and acting like they are
stupid for not know what you have done is unlikely to get you the help
you desire.

Chris Lyttle