Accounts Receivable and Reports

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:25:30 -0600

>1. Here, in Chile/SouthAmerica, we pay 1x% of our salary for retirement
>fund. I assume (not been an accountant), that it goes to my Accounts
>Receivable. If it is that way, how is the best way to do it considering
>that it cannot be received until 30 years more :)

A lot depends on whether the retirement account is really your money. I
do not consider U.S. Social Security and Medicare to be anything but an
expense because the benefit is ill-defined and only loosely related to
my contributions. Other retirement contributions which either allow me
to withdraw my contributions or actually purchase some real securities
(investments) I count as assets. The liquidity of those assets varies
greatly but I do have some ownership which is quantifiable.

Dale Alspach