Stock Account Display Problem

jared@wanware.com jared@wanware.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:20:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have been using Gnucash 1.6 since the beginning of the year and I like it
quite a bit.  I'm not very familiar with accounting or it's principles, but
Gnucash has made it pretty easy.  I do have a minor problem that I haven't
seen mentioned in the archives.

I am in Canada so naturally I have the currency of all my accounts set to
Canadian Dollars.

One of my sub accounts under assets is a stock account where the currency is
 US dollars.  When I look at the account tree in the Accounts view, the
value for the stock account is in USD, but it should be in CAD.  The parent
account is in CAD, and when the total for the parent account is calculated,
it is calculated incorrectly.

I have values in my price editor for CAD to USD, and the stock to USD, so it
shouldn't be a problem for this to be displayed and added correctly.

Jared