credit card problem

Steven.Smith steven.smith@alcatel.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:48:02 -0800 (PST)

I'm having a problem with balencing a credit card account.
I just got the statement.  My starting balence was -475.20
which agreed with the statement.  my new balence was -592.11
which I entered.  I made one payment of 472.20 which agreed
with the statement.  I accounted for $592.11 new charges
which agreed with the statement.
at the bottom of the reconcile dialog I have:
Total funds in = 475.20         Total Funds Out = 592.11
Starting balence       = -475.20
Ending balence         = -592.11
Reconciled balence     = -358.29
Difference             = -233.82

What am I doing wrong?  Why isn't the reconciled balence 0
when the funds in and funds out are both correct?

The account is set up as a credit card account and I think I
have version 1.6.2 -- it's standard with SuSE 7.3.

Thanks
Steve S.
Steven Smith                    steven.smith@alcatel.com