transaction "groups"?

tudor tudorb@dwyn.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:07:24 -0800

Hello,

Is there a way (in gnucash 1.6.2) to automatically enter "transaction
groups"?

For example, every time I receive a paycheck (twice a month), I'd like
to be able to automatically break down the gross income into categories
- net income deposited to my checking account, federal tax, state tax,
medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k, ESPP, etc.  The amount and
breakdown are the same for every paycheck; I'd like to avoid having to
enter all 14 transactions individually, and save them together as a
"group".

Also- is there a way to enter repeated transactions?  ("every other
week", "monthly", "on the 15th and last day of each month" etc)

Thanks,
Tudor.