a different conversion from BEF to EUR

Mw. Mr. V.M.H. Schaars v.m.h.schaars@kub.nl
02 May 2002 11:11:19 +0200

Thomas,

In live in the Netherlands and use GnuCash since 2000 for my business
activities. I didn't want to have all these double accounts either, so
this is what I did:

For each account I calculated the total of the transactions done in 2000
and the total of the transactions done in 2001. I transferred these
amounts from national currency to EUR manually. The EUR amounts I put
into two transactions named "transactions 2000" and "transactions 2001"
in the corresponding account in a new file. This new file holds exactly
the same accounts as my old file, but in EUR. This way you can always
see your history in the file you're working on. For detailed hystoric
information you need to open the old file with national currencies.

It may not be the most elegant solution and it may not be an answer to
your question, but this works for me. Maybe it will give you some new
ideas. And after all: This is a once in a lifetime problem, isn't it?

Veronique Kwaaitaal-Schaars

Mw. Mr. V.M.H. Kwaaitaal-Schaars (Veronique)
Infocal
I www.infocal.nl
E v.m.h.schaars@infocal.nl