Again - how to merge .log after a crash?

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws@myaccess.com.au
Thu, 2 May 2002 21:42:00 +1000

On Wed, 1 May 2002 19:46, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a crash (not gnucash; laptop battery decided to die) and didn't hit
> save before, and now I have the .xac file and the .log file; how do I merge
> that? Is that actually possible?
>
> Couldn't find it in the docs, and I remember that there was something about
> this; running 1.6.5 on SuSE.

All you need is the .xac file.  Copy or rename it to your usual filename.

But these are created at the save time, before exiting.  There is no save
after each transaction. If you didn't save before you lost your data, as far
as I know, you will need to enter it again.

Doug.