Getting it working on Solaris?

John Rosander John.Rosander@Sun.COM
Fri, 03 May 2002 16:33:00 -0400

--------------6FE1A59A7E9F2E941AF9619A

Hi All,
     I'm new to gnucash, I got Gnucash to work on Linux (easy because it
was just an rpm) but am trying to get it working on Solaris.  I loaded
GNOME from the Sun CD and I downloaded the
GNUcash.1.6.0.Solaris.8.Sparc.pkg ungziped it and pkgadded it.  I also
copied the data directory from the Linux version to my Solaris system.

/opt/local/bin/gnucash
ld.so.1: /opt/local/bin/gnucash: fatal: libpopt.so.0: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed

so I tried to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /opt/local/lib which didn't
have the libpopt.so as far as I could see, but just to test it.  When I
loaded Solaris 8 I installed most of the GNU software on the extras CD
(which contained I think GNUprint, etc...) but maybe I am missing
something else?

I gather that I need GUPPI, etc, but don't know where the libopt.so is
from?

I am trying to completely get off of MS and Quicken is the last app
left and I will be FREE from Microsoft!  YEAH.
--------------6FE1A59A7E9F2E941AF9619A

begin:vcard
n:Rosander;John
tel;pager:248-980-5798 or <A HREF="mailto:2489805798@messaging.sprintpcs.com">2489805798@messaging.sprintpcs.com</A>
tel;cell:248-980-5798
tel;fax:313-436-9682
tel;work:313-317-2146
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://bulls.central/~rosander
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;Ford Global Account Team
adr:;;1000 Republic Drive, Suite 690;Allen Park;MI;48101;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:john.rosander@sun.com
title:Technical Account Manager
x-mozilla-cpt:;-6936