Problem Importing QIF file

Luke Francl look@acm.cs.umn.edu
Wed, 8 May 2002 21:35:29 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, I'd like to report a problem importing a QIF file.

I download QIF files from my credit card company and import them into
GnuCash. Sometimes I have QIFs that have invalid dates. They seem to
contain some sort of metadata. Here's one from my most recent statement:

D00/00/0000
NFRANCL/LUCAS
P02/04 MSP/FAR  RNDT
AP FAR/M      SP
T   -0.00
^

This is for a plane ticket I bought. The "D00/00/0000" date format causes
GnuCash to pop up a message saying "QIF file parse failed: Data for number
of date does not match a known format".

Fortunately, this gives me enough info to go into the QIF file, find the
screwed up date and correct it, but most people probably won't be savvy
enough to do that. Perhaps it should ignore entries with this zeroed-out
date format.

Thanks for such a great product. I use it every day.

Luke Francl