no charts

Chris Kassopulo ckasso@sprynet.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 01:26:43 -0400

On 14 May 2002 00:42:29 +0100
Neil Jerram <neil@ossau.uklinux.net> wrote:

>     Chris> Greetings,
>     Chris> I installed gnucash-1.6.6 with its required packages and
>     Chris> imported my quicken98 qif files.  All is well.
>
>     Chris> Only apparent problem is generating charts.  Each time I
>     Chris> click on a button for a chart of any kind I get a seg
>     fault. Chris> I'm using Guppi-0.40.3.
>
>     Chris> Anyone see this behavior?  Suggestions?
>
> SuSE 7.x?  I had a problem like this.  Eventual solution was to run a
> command to do with gnome-font-install or something.  It was described
> on this mailing list, so you should be able to find it in the
> archives.

Neil,

Thanks for the suggestion but it was library related. It is working now.
The reputation gnucash has as a tough install is hogwash. I only had to
install 5 packages and upgrade 4 others.  Seems to be worth it though.

Apparently something wasn't right with bonobo and/or guppi or their
dependencies.  Was trying to use bonobo-1.0.4 but guppi-0.40.3 wants at
least 1.0.8.  So I tried 1.0.20. To get it compiled I had to update
orbit to 0.5.15, oaf to 0.6.10 and libxml to 1.8.17.  guppi also needed
gdk-pixbuf-config of 0.11.0.  I don't know how guppi ever compiled in
the first place.

I remember having trouble with bonobo before, when I tried sodipodi.
Ended up disabling it on the configure to get it to compile.

--
Chris Kassopulo _/\_ Linux User #199893 _/\_ Slackware