Accounting question and thanks to the development crew....

S. Barret Dolph wheds8@ms66.hinet.net
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 00:58:14 +0800

I provide teachers, books, and a teaching method to schools in Taiwan.
(I provide the software they provide the hardware.) Almost all students
pay tuition for three months. At the outset this payment is a liability.
(I am obliged to provide services for those three months.) It is only
after the term is over that my profit is realized. Any suggestions on
how to enter this on the Gnucash system?

My hats off to the team. The website would lend one to believe that this
software is primarily for those without any accounting experience. The
simplicity of the program makes it quite nice for those of us who do our
accounting on paper and on computer.  But I like it because it is
flexible enough to handle different needs. In the past I have tried many
different programs and disliked them all. I ended up just using a
spreadsheet. (I am incompetent with database design.)

Cordially,
S. Barret Dolph
Taipei Taiwan