Question about tracking mutual funds with gnucash 1.6.7

Errol Siegel errol@bitterkitten.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:13:13 -0800 (PST)

I have a brokerage account with shares of several
mutual funds.  I changed around my allocation - traded
a bunch of shares of one fund for shares of several
new funds.

I accounted for this by creating new accounts for the
new funds and doing a transfer directly from the old
fund to the new fund(s).

Up until this point, I could always generate a balance
sheet report and everything would balance perfectly.
Once I did the transactions described above, the
balance sheet report failed to balance.

Should I have accounted for the trades differently?

Thanks,
Errol
errol@bitterkitten.com