RPM available for g-wrap-1.3.2

Chris Lyttle chris@wilddev.net
20 Nov 2002 22:30:51 -0800

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 19:16, deane@mjollnir.gooroos.com wrote:

> The problem is that it insists on g-wrap-1.3.2 or greater.  Even more
> annoying is that there does not appear to be an RPM for that version (or
> higher) of g-wrap, either on sourceforge, the gnucash ftp or on the various
> Linux RPM sites.

Yes, The current unstable series requires 1.3.2. I'm sorry a rpm wasn't
made available, this was due to historical reasons (we didnt want people
using the CVS version easily while we made major changes to the
functionality). I will upload to the GnuCash site the g-wrap 1.3.2 rpm
for people to use. Note however, this is due to change when g-wrap 1.3.3
is released. GnuCash will then require 1.3.3 and will not work with
1.3.2.

> Okay, simple enough.  I'll just rebuild it from the sources, which *are* on
> the gnucash ftp site.  Even that was not without its problems, though, as
> the spec file which is used to build the RPM was horribly out of date.

When g-wrap was released there wasn't a spec file apart from the one for
the stable series. This will be rectified in 1.3.3

> I did, however, eventually manage to get g-wrap to build and have uploaded

Please use the one on the GnuCash site.

> Note that, due to a known bug with libtool involving libraries in a package

Yes as you suggest there is a known problem with libtool. The g-wrap
I'll upload tonight has the suggested workarounds for this problem and
should function with --rebuild as expected. I'd be interested to know if
anyone cannot get this to work so I can feed it back into the 1.3.3
release (but you'll need to be quick its expected very soon).

Chris

GnuCash Release guy.
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
	|^|
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit