Some important news about LibOFX development

Benoit Grégoire bock@step.polymtl.ca
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:30:54 -0500

New LibOFX release to accompany GnuCash 1.7.3 (with ofx support):
A new version of LibOFX (0.6.1) has been released minutes ago:

This version is necessary for compiling ofx support in the new GnuCash 1.7.3
released two days ago.  Important changes include:
LibOFX 0.6.1:
Fix a critical bug in 0.6.0.  Parsing of a file would fail and hang for users
of OpenSP 1.5pre5 (and possibly others).
LibOFX 0.6.0:
	-Beta version, released to accompany the new GnuCash 1.7.3 beta release.
	-Full investment transaction support (ofx2qif not yet updated however).
	-Now uses an Autoconf/Automake build system.
	-Proprietary tag striper is now much smarter and read routines have been
corrected.  Importing a file written on a single line will no longer cause an
infinite loop.
	-Added yet more spaghetti code and global variables to improve the work
around for OpenSP 1.3 bugs.  I beg of you, please convince your distro to
make openjade and the OpenSP library independently upgradeable.

VERY IMPORTANT:  When upgrading from LibOFX <=0.5.0, make sure you make
uninstall the previous version, or you will run in all kinds of problems.

Mailing list for LibOFX news:
LibOFX will be posted there from now on.

New LibOFX site:

Incompatibility with Mandrake cooker:
 Before I get an avalanche of emails about this, the version of openjade
released today by Mandrake in the cooker distribution (openjade-1.3.1-12mdk)
seems to have a broken generic interface to OpenSP. Specifically the data
event will sometimes send an empty string instead of the expected data from
the SGML element. There is nothing I can do about this. But as usual all
users are encouraged to use OpenSP 1.5pre5 or higher instead.

--
Benoit Grégoire
http://step.polymtl.ca/~bock/