stocks/mutual funds

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
22 Nov 2002 21:21:09 -0600

--=-LxN4ESYwm1A7MtUihBxG

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 17:00, Jason Rennie wrote:
> Is it possible for GNUCash 1.6.x to show the accumulated cost of=20
> purchasing shares for a particular security?  I can add them up by hand,=
=20
> but that's a pain.  The report lets me see the total number of shares=20
> I've purchased and the running balance, but I haven't found anything that=
=20
> displays the total cost basis.
>=20
> Thanks for the info!  I appreciate it!
>=20

There isn't such a report.  I tried various options on the Transaction
Summary report and couldn't get it to display the information you need.=20
If you know Scheme, or could learn it, you could try building such a
report.  Alternatively, there is purportedly a Gnumeric export module
for Gnucash.  I don't know where, or if it's vaporware, but it may be
worth a google search.

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print $i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except=
 me.

--=-LxN4ESYwm1A7MtUihBxG

--=-LxN4ESYwm1A7MtUihBxG--