Nothing works on Red Hat

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:26:59 -0700 (MST)

Hi Rich, I tried to load the gnucash rpm shipped with Red Hat 7.3 on Red
Hat 7.3 and it will not load because there is a library missing that it
needs. Anyone who makes a rpm to be used with Red Hat that fails
dependancy is not trying to make a software for wide use.

I come from slackware of 1994 and then it was not surprising to find
software that would not load without going to another web site and
getting a needed software. But this is 2003 almost and I am used to Red
Hat setting up good and I love the Open Office software that comes with
Red Hat 8.

	So if this was a bond I would rate gnucash a "junk bond". I will
keep my red Hat 7.2 around just to use gnucash that runs well in that
version.