Different debit/credit dates.

Dale Alspach alspach@math.okstate.edu
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:29:18 -0500

If the float time is critical you may want to institute some accounts
which act like accounts payable and accounts receivable. This would force
you to enter a transaction twice. The first transaction moves money between
one account and the float account and the second moves it between the float
account and the other account. The way you do this will also be
influenced by what your goal is. When you write a check do you want the
balnce in gnucash to show that money as removed from the bank account at the
time the check is written or at the time the bank honors the check?
This is more or less the difference between accrual and cash accounting.

Dale Alspach