Different debit/credit dates.

Bjoern Appel bjoern.appel@student.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:53:22 +0200 (CEST)

> Date: 07 Oct 2002 18:57:25 -0500
> From: Matthew Vanecek <mevanecek@yahoo.com>

> I've never heard of a firm tracking the dates as you wish to, but
> perhaps a listening qualified accountant may have some insight...

I'm using gnucash privately and have the same problem. When I go to a
cashmashine, the money will drop immediately into my wallet, but it takes
a few days until the money is booked from my bank-account. I use the day
when I get the money as the date for the transaction. But this could cause
some confusion in my bank-account: The chronological order of the items in
my bank-account can be different from the items in my statement, when
transactions are very close to each other.
Using an intermediate account is too much work I think and a bit confusing
as the transaction is splitted.
It would be nice to change the date on the one side of the transaction
without changing it on on the other. But this would probably not be in
harmony with good accounting.

Bjoern