Different debit/credit dates.

Jörg Pommnitz gnucash@joerg-pommnitz.de
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:21:40 +0200

Matthew Vanecek wrote:

>Dates only matter if you're bank account is low on fuel and you're
>anxious for the fresh gas to hit the taank...

I beg to differ. There are people who have accounts that *PAY* interest.
 If you move money
from one of these to another one than the amount of interest depends on
the debit and
credit dates (e.g account "a" stops paying interest when the money
leaves and account "b"
starts paying interest when the money arrives).

This is true for me:
account "a" is a money market account that pays relatively hight
interest rates while account
"b" is the trading account at my broker (very low interest rates).

Regards
  Jörg