Saved Transactions

Conrad Canterford conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au
15 Oct 2002 23:08:17 +1000

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 06:35, jack rilllman wrote:
> I have just started to explore GNUCash and have not been able to figure out
> how to save/memorize transcations that I use often.
> Can this be done?

As you have perhaps discovered by now, you do not need to do this.
Gnucash will automatically detect when the transaction description or
split description looks like one that has been entered previously and
give you the option of just accepting it. A truly awesome feature that I
just couldn't live without. The secret to using it successfully (if you
use it lots) is to have descriptions that are unique in the first 2 or 3
letters.

Conrad.
--
Conrad Canterford  (conrad@mail.watersprite.com.au)