reconciliation problem

gearry@gwi.net gearry@gwi.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:06:47 -0400

>Also, is it possible that I changed a reconciled transaction, thus
>causing it to longer match the bank statement after it had been
>reconciled? Does GnuCash give any warnings if I were to attempt
>this?
I am using version 1.6.6 and I know that it gives a warning if you attempt
to change an already reconciled transaction.  The first thing I would do is
review your register against last months statements to be sure that they
still match.  Essentially you are just checking the reconciliation.  I have
never attempted to unreconcile a transaction, but if this is only your
second month using it you could perhaps unreconcile last months and start
over with the reconciliation.  This may not even be possible, and there may
be reasons I don't know of for not doing this, but I am sure if that is the
case someone else will chime in here. :)

Gearry=20=20

http://mail2web.com/ .