reconciliation problem

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
23 Oct 2002 20:19:49 -0500

--=-U+Egy2TbK5cblnVOq4lY

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 11:40, Wes Sheldahl wrote:
>=20
> Hi,
> I'm using GnuCash 1.6.6, and have a problem reconciling my bank
> account with my bank's account statement. Essentially, my bank's
> starting balance and my starting balance as recorded in GnuCash
> don't match. How do I find and correct the problem? Is there any way
> to review the prior month in GnuCash to see confirm that it was
> right last month? I thought that it reconciled correctly last month.
> Also, is it possible that I changed a reconciled transaction, thus
> causing it to longer match the bank statement after it had been
> reconciled? Does GnuCash give any warnings if I were to attempt
> this?
>=20
> Many thanks for your answers and general suggestions.

You're starting balance is a result of how you reconciled your account
last month.  Typically you would expect it to match what your bank has.=20
If if doesn't, then you may have mis-entered information in your last
reconciliation.  It's a matter of going over your last reconciliation
and statements again to find the error.  Pure elbow grease, m'friend...

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-U+Egy2TbK5cblnVOq4lY

--=-U+Egy2TbK5cblnVOq4lY--