Gnucash 1.6.6 on RedHat 7.3 only starts as root

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
04 Sep 2002 18:39:46 -0500

--=-/HW4488N4H9/9Ej55n+e

On Sat, 2002-08-31 at 03:31, Daniel Brahneborg wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 05:09:52PM -0600, Peter T. Abplanalp wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 31, 2002 at 08:55:46AM +1000, Conrad Canterford wrote:
> > > and see if there is stuff in there owned by root or otherwise looking
> > > "wrong". There shouldn't be, of course - when you started as root, it
> > > should have created a ./gnucash for root, rather than using your real
> > > userid's directory. However, it certainly doesn't  hurt to check.
> >=20
> > possibly an su instead of a login or su -
>=20
> Sorry, but it makes no difference if the ~/.gnucash directory exists.
> Which files are read after the datafile from gnucash_ui_init()?  Is it
> possible to get gnucash to log this a little bit more?
>=20
> For some yet unknown reason strace doesn't want to work on my machine
> (I get permission denied on the ptrace call) on any other user than
> root, but I'll investigate that further.
>=20
> /Basic
>=20
>=20
>=20

This problem has actually occurred before.  There's a file, possibly
from g-wrap or something, somewhere under /usr, that belongs to root.=20
It was a scheme file, IIRC.  You should be able to find reference to it
in the archives.  Do a search, and see if that doesn't fix things up for
you.

--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-/HW4488N4H9/9Ej55n+e

--=-/HW4488N4H9/9Ej55n+e--