Setting up PostgreSQL back end?

Michael D. Crawford crawford@goingware.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:26:03 -0400

Hi,

I just installed GnuCash 1.6.6 from Debian Woody.  I'm looking forward to
getting rid of Quicken, and my fervent hope is that someday I may no longer be
cursed with Quickbooks.

I also installed PostgreSQL, so I could store my data in a database.  Partially
I'd like it to be multiuser, but mainly I want a really robust data store.

But I don't see any instructions in the User's Guide for configuring GnuCash to
use PostgreSQL.  Are there instructions online anywhere?

I've used PostgreSQL as well as MySQL some, so I'm a little familiar with SQL
databases in general.

Thanks,

Mike
--