relocation error message on upgrade

Matthew Vanecek mevanecek@yahoo.com
13 Sep 2002 22:30:01 -0500

--=-n9vL0jemonyLM1hbkE5b

My first guess would be a bad compile.  I'll assume that the error is
referring to xaccAccountGetPlaceHolder, which is definitely a defined=20
symbol.  Perhaps the version you installed was patched and/or compiled
incorrectly.  You may wish to either compile your own, or find an rpm
for v1.6.8.

Because I'm a programmer, not an installer, that's my first guess.  If I
were an installer instead of a programmer, my first guess might be as
follows:
It's possible that you are missing the engine libraries, since that
function is defined, I believe, in the engine.  On my system, for 1.6.8,
I have the following:

	/usr/lib/libgncengine.a
	/usr/lib/libgncengine.la
	/usr/lib/libgncengine.so
	/usr/lib/libgncengine.so.1
	/usr/lib/libgncengine.so.1.1.3
	/usr/share/gnucash/scm/engine-init.scm
	/usr/share/gnucash/scm/engine-interface.scm
	/usr/share/gnucash/scm/engine-utilities.scm

You should have those, as well (at least, you should have all the *.so.*
ones).  If you do, try logging in as root and running the
"/sbin/ldconfig" command, to update the library path cache information,
and then (as your non-root user), try running gnucash.  If you don't,
it's possible your rpm was built incorrectly, and you should contact the
package maintainer, or build your own.

Best of luck...

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 18:35, Jim Hogarth wrote:
>=20
> I've attempted to upgrade my gnucash 1.6.5 installation, that came with=
=20
> Mandrake 8.2.  There is a rpm for 1.6.7 from the Mandrake Cooker.=20=20
>=20
> The upgrade goes in ok and I can start gnucash.  However, when I attempt =
to=20
> open an account (from the 1.6.5 database) I get the following error:
>=20
> gnucash: relocation error: gnucash: undefined symbol: xaccAccountGetPlac
>=20
> Can someone help with this?
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Jim=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
Matthew Vanecek
perl -e 'print
$i=3Dpack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10);'
*****
except me.

--=-n9vL0jemonyLM1hbkE5b

--=-n9vL0jemonyLM1hbkE5b--