Crash recovery?

lee TheCarpenters@imyourhandiman.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:10:15 -0700

--------------020202080800060000040300

.....well actuallly there is a Perl script to do just that but its
written for 1.4.x version of gnucash but it may or may not be functional
with current gnucash..at any rate yes its possible but for now just save
often.

     The perl script was done by linas ( see his site from gnucash.org )
a while back and supposedly put in cvs but I can not verify that ,-but
someone did search and was unable to find it..someone is in the process
of looking into this and with any luck might have this script available
at some point....

latre
lee
-===

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 11:41:48PM -0400, Laurent Duperval wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Gnucash just crashed on me. I lost about 1.5 hours of work. It's not
>>hard to recover from it but I see that the log file was updated about
>>two minutes before my crash. Can I have gnucash take that file and
>>update my accounts automatically?
>>

>This has been asked a few times on the list--once, alas, by me. The
>upshot appears to be that the answer is "no." It's not even clear that
>this is on the to-do list for development. The "save" button is
>important in gnucash, to the surprise of former Quicken users.
>
>Hmm, is there a FAQ for this list? So many questions go unanswered
>here, and the gnucash is still a bit, er, young in certain areas. I'd
>kind of like to summarize the answers we do have. I'll start one if no
>one has done so already.

--------------020202080800060000040300

<head>
 content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-15">
  <title></title>
</head>
.....well actuallly there is a Perl script to do just that but its written
for 1.4.x version of gnucash but it may or may not be functional with current
gnucash..at any rate yes its possible but for now just save often.<br>
     The perl script was done by linas ( see his site from gnucash.org )
a while back and supposedly put in cvs but I can not verify that ,-but someone
did search and was unable to find it..someone is in the process of looking
into this and with any luck might have this script available at some point....<br>
latre<br>
lee<br>
-===<br>
Jeff Abrahamson wrote:<br>
Gnucash just crashed on me. I lost about 1.5 hours of work. It's not
hard to recover from it but I see that the log file was updated about
two minutes before my crash. Can I have gnucash take that file and
update my accounts automatically?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->