Profit/Loss Income/Expense

gnucash@euresti.com gnucash@euresti.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:29:03 -0700

Hello,
     I've been using GnuCash for a while and found it an awesome tool.  Now I've started my new life out of college and have to pay my college loans and my car loan.  I set up Three liability accounts.  Two for my college loans (Perkins and Stafford) and one for the car loan.
     When I make a payment I transfer money from my asset to my liability.  Unfortunately this doesn't show up on the expense report as it thinks I'm only moving money around.  Now I'd like to know how much paycheck I have left to spend after having to pay.  I would specifically like to know if I will have money to pay for these loans because these come at the end of the month.  Unfortunately the reports for Income/Expense won't show these.
     I tried to do this thing where I would transfer money to an expense account called Car Repayment, and then transfer from an equity account to the actual Loan payment.  But that threw the Profit chart out of whack.
     What do people suggest for this situation?  Otherwise I love GnuCash!

Thanks,
David Euresti