g-wrap

G.LeeJohnson lee@imyourhandiman.com
24 Sep 2002 11:33:47 -0700

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 21:21, Jens wrote:
> I have decided to try the new 1.8 version of gnucash from cvs. Up til
now I
> have just done the usual 'apt-get install ...' bit in debian so this
is a bit
> of a leap for me. I downloaded all the cvs files and then did a
./configure.
> This reported that I didn't have the latest version of g-wrap and
where I
> could get the newest version. I followed the instructions, got the
g-wrap
> 1.3.2 and installed it all without any errors (pure luck I am sure
..). I
> confidently got back to my original gnucash cvs directory and did a
> ./configure only to be told again that the g-wrap test failed !
> So, can anyone tell me what magic incantation I need to let
./configure find
> the newly installed g-wrap 1.3.2 ?
-----------------
hi..

  yeah :) you just need to direct configure to where g-wrap-1.3.2 is
ala:
./configure --with-g-wrap-prefix=yourpathtog-wrap-1.3.2

you can also still use release of gnucash by just installing gnucashcvs
in say /opt/gnucashcvs or /home/jen/gnucashcvs etc.etc. and point
configure to it too..

cu/good luck & write if you need more help,-

lee
-===