GNUCash will not start

Laura Conrad lconrad@laymusic.org
25 Sep 2002 09:40:08 -0400

>>>>> "jack" == jack rilllman <jcf2001@hotmail.com> writes:

    jack> ** ERROR **: file gnucash-style.c: line 783
    jack> (gnucash_style_set_register_font_name): assertion failed:
    jack> (gnucash_register_font != NULL)
    jack> aborting...
    jack> Aborted

    jack> +++++++++++++

    jack> I have tried re-installing all the fonts but that did not help. I have also
    jack> seen simular errors posted to other groups but I have been unable to find
    jack> an answer/fix to this error.

I had that problem, and it looks like the fix that worked for me was
sent to me by Jim Scully offline.  So here it is:

You have to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, commenting out the line:

         FontPath   "unix/:-1"

Then, from Jim's email to me:

    jim> You've only taken th first of two steps.   After commenting out the
    jim> FontPath, you need to provide a new hard-coded font path like this:

    jim> FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
    jim> FontPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
    jim> ....and so on....

    jim> Add any directories under fonts/ that suit you.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574