g-wrap lost

John L. Turner jlt@wvinter.net
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:17:01 +0000

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16:35, David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 05:04, John L. Turner wrote:
> > ? Can someone explain to a newbies, why setup / install programs
> > for gnucash and other Linux applications
> > can NOT use:
> >  find / -name "What is needed"
> > to locate the lib??? that the program needs
> >
> > ? Why is it the responsibly of the user to know these things
>
> Because you may have multiple version of the program installed on your
> system.  For example, I have both g-wrap 1.2.1 and g-wrap 1.3.2
> installed in parallel, gnome 1.4 and gnome 2.0 installed in parallel,
> etc.
>
> David

I do understand what you wrote, how so ever, isn't it the responsibility of
the developer to determine which version that they could live with, and the=
n=20
act accordingly ?

( an aside, it sounds like the DDL hell of that other OS )

--=20
John Turner
JCI Inc.
http://home.ntelos.net/~JLT
"Just because you do not know the answer
does not mean that someone else does"
Stephen J. Gould, {rip}