Customer vs Company

Robert Uhl ruhl at 4dv.net
Sat Apr 5 15:26:14 CST 2003

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Sure, but you can put an LDAP front-end on top of a SQL database.
> Just translate the LDAP queries into SQL queries.

SQL is not the best solution for _every_ problem.  It has a very
specific domain, and for those problems it is very good indeed.  I am
not certain that an LDAP server necessarily benefits from an SQL
back-end.

--
Robert Uhl <ruhl at 4dv.net>
Once upon a time, I made the mistake of following my boss there while I