adjust split manually

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Sun Apr 13 09:17:14 CDT 2003

This may be a feature request.

I generally enter transactions from single line (basic ledger) style.
Whenever I enter a transaction that gnucash matches to a previously split
transaction, but the amount I enter is different, I would like gnucash to
expand the split instead of popping up adjust total/add split/manually
adjust. This could be a preference attached to the behavior of enter.
In fact should it not be automatic that when a user chooses manually adjust
from this popup that the split should expand?

Second, is there a way to clear a transaction from the keyboard? Normally
tabbing bypasses the field so the mouse seems necessary. If it isn't there
could there be a toggle preference for the current account as to whether
the tab goes to the reconcile field?

I don't know when this was added but I was happy to see that the keyboard
actions for adjusting dates now apply to the popups too.

Dale Alspach