question about credits and expenses

Linus Soh notreallyhere at mindless.com
Fri Aug 1 13:01:56 CDT 2003

hello all.  I'm hoping you guys can help out a poor college student that needs
to learn to budget

I have a two-teired budget: in that I split my checking account into two
sections -- Budget and spent.  Since I usually use my credit card for
everything (yay for Airline Miles), I simply transfer money from my budget
into my spent bank account since the money has not left the bank.  I also make
a note in my expense account.

This is really redundant to me.  The effect that I want is to be able to see
how much I've spent, how much I have left in my budget.  I create my budget
every month.  But it seems like I do this twice.  Is there a way that I can
acheive this same effect without recording two transactions?

--
=======
Linus Soh
notreallyhere at mindless.com