Invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 5 17:19:22 CDT 2003

Aldous Everard <aldous at hypercubesystems.co.uk> writes:

> Can anyone help.  When I use options to change the invoice format I get
> no change when I alter most of the Display options.  Most of them are
> checked by default, but not on.  The
>
> The defaults are as follows:
> Option			Checked?	Displayed on invoice?
> Individual taxes	no		yes

I think you're confused -- if this is 'no', then it will create a
single "Tax" subtotal line.  If this is "yes" then it will enumerate
each of the tax accounts used.

> Totals			yes		yes

I see no problem here.

> References		yes		no

Are there references in your invoice?

> billing terms		yes		no

Do you have a billing term set for the invoice?

> Billing ID		yes		no

Do you have a billing id set for the invoice?

> When I check individual taxes it ceases to display them (is that the
> right way round? anyway at least it works).  All the other options make
> no difference to the onscreen display.  I really need to get Billing
> Terms and Invoice ID to print.  If there is a way to make this work,
> will I need to enter my Invoice IDs as Billing IDs to make them show up
> on the invoice?

See above about individual taxes.  If you turn it on it will use
the results of the TaxTable accounts.  The rest work if you set
the information in the invoice.  Since you don't say what's in
the invoice or how you have it set/configured, it's impossible to
answer you.

> Also is there any way of putting the company logo on an invoice.

Sort of.  Basically you've got Style Sheets...  See the Business HowTo.