Question to european gnucash users

Dale Alspach alspach at math.okstate.edu
Wed Aug 6 13:40:48 CDT 2003

>Yes, this is in essence what you can do. But to first make sure
>that g
>nucash and the VISA card online service matches, and THEN make
>sure th
>at gnucash matches the statement, is a little bit too much work.
>How m
>any on this list have had the online VISA transactions mismatch
>the pa
>per statement? It makes a lot more sense in a cheque-country.

If you clear the transactions from the online statement and then reconcile
when you get the paper statement, most of the work is done since cleared
transaction are already marked. Usually
I can just hit finish immediately. The only problem I have is that I
sometimes  check the online statement too close after the closing date
of the paper one and have cleared online transactions that have not yet
appeared on the paper statement. This problem is also going away because
the paper statement is often available as an online image
and I can reconcile from it removing the postal lag time.

Dale Alspach